Home ExtensionsDesigning and building with Jamie Shaw Building will add space and value
Move or Extend?
Are you running out of space for your growing family? Is your house looking a bit dated? We hear the same question all the time:
Should I sell up and buy a bigger place? Or build a new home? And what are the downsides to this choice?
- Finding a new home that meets your needs, meets your budget, and is where you want to live is not as easy as you might think.
- Selling your home before you buy and timing the sales and purchases of existing and new homes can be difficult.
- Finding a suitable rental. Then paying those rental costs while building a new home will add up.
- Costs like; sales commissions, building reports, pest inspections, stamp duty, bank fees, and legal fees all add up quickly.
- If building a new house, knowing the costs of things like bushfire, and basix requirements. Site costs are expensive! And sometimes not shown in the initial costing. These costs can be greater than you might think.
What about EXTENDING YOUR HOME?
By designing and constructing with Jamie Shaw Building you will add space and value to your existing home and provide the following benefits;
- You get to live at the location you like; at home.
- You can live in your home while the work gets done.
- No changing schools.
- No wasted money on the fees and costs of moving house.
- Your home extension will increase the value of your existing asset.
- Reduced costs and loans compared to new homes.
- You can modernise and tailor your existing home as a part of the extension, like upgrading to a new or larger kitchen or re-vamp an existing bathroom.